Sometimes we have customers who want a complete “snapshot” of the accessibility of their site but may not need a full, recurring subscription to Tenon. They may want a one-off test or they may have needs for things like quarterly scans of their site. Finally, they may need some additional assistance in understanding & interpreting the results from Tenon. To address these needs, Tenon now offers a service to conduct this testing for the customer. Customers can purchase this as a one-off service or on a recurring basis.
Note: Automated testing alone is not sufficient for determining standards & legal compliance. Addressing the issues discovered from this service will lead to a rapid positive improvement to your site. These results can also be used to form the basis for further inquiry using manual testing and guide training efforts.
This service allows you to target specific areas of your site, by focusing on only the URLs you want to test. You can send over a full list of URLs, or we can generate the list ourselves. This service allows you to test up to 10,000 distinct URLs although less is often better unless your site is a news site with a lot of content creators.
1. Target URLs are added to the test system
The URL list is added to the test system and they immediately begin testing by Tenon’s API.
The full list of pages tested is listed in the report system’s home page and features a link on the Response ID and on the page URL. Each link will take you to the individual report for the page, showing all issues on that page.
2. Reports are automatically generated
As the URLs are tested, reports are automatically generated. Final report data provides you the following:
- Total pages tested, including average errors, average warnings, and average total issues per page
- Average certainty and average priority of the issues
- Issues by Distinct Test ID
- Each of Tenon’s tests that found issues are listed alongside an issue count and their percentage toward the total issue count
- Each test is listed as a link to view all issues that occurred for that test.
- Duplicated issues
- For each issue uncovered, which ones occurred more than once?
- This is the exact issue including the exact code
- Each one is shown with how often the duplicate occurs
- Each test is listed as a link to view all duplicate issues that occurred for that test.
- Issues by WCAG Level
- Each WCAG level (A, AA, AAA) is listed along side an issue count and their percentage toward the total issue count
- Each level is listed as a link to view all issues that occurred for that level.
- Issues by WCAG Success Criterion
- Each WCAG Success Criterion is listed along side an issue count and their percentage toward the total issue count
- Each Success Criterion is listed as a link to view all issues that occurred for that Success Criterion.
- Issues by Certainty
- Each Certainty score is listed along-side an issue count and their percentage toward the total issue count
- Each Certainty score is listed as a link to view all issues that occurred for that level of certainty.
- Issues by Priority
- Each Priority ranking is listed along-side an issue count and their percentage toward the total issue count
- Each Priority ranking is listed as a link to view all issues that occurred for that Priority.
3. Report data and guidance documentation is delivered
Tenon consultants will analyze the report data to provide high-level guidance on how to make the data actionable, including remediation strategies to make use of the information that the report contains. The report itself will be packaged up and will include spreadsheets and CSV documents that can be imported into your internal issue tracking systems.
After you receive our report and guidance document, you should take steps to repair the issues found in the report. Tenon offers additional services to help you address the issues found and also get complete coverage:
- Full system audits, with manual testing
- Design review
- Accessible Pair Programming (on-site, real-time developer/ tester collaboration)
Get started now
To get started or to find out more, give us a shout:
- Phone: +1 443.875.7343
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org